It’s a Date. Events in San Luis Obispo
Get a real flavor for San Luis Obispo at our many local events throughout the year. All around you you’ll find jazz and plaza concerts, fresh farmers markets, art walks and festivals with all the trimmings. These are special times where you can truly get to know the local culture and return home with unique stories and recollections. Ask our staff about any of the events going on during your visit.
Barbequed ribs, fresh produce, locally made products and live entertainment can all be found at the lively downtown SLO Farmer’s Market. It’s where our community comes together to squeeze the fresh produce, sample San Luis Obispo’s unique cuisine, browse shops, listen to live music and socialize with the locals. You may even meet Downtown Brown, our six-foot bear giving hugs and paw shakes to everyone he meets.
(June - Sept)
Concerts in the Plaza features musical genres across the spectrum, including reggae, rock, blues, jam grass, soul, California roots rock and more. Now celebrating 21 years, the event is presented every summer by Sunset Honda and hosted by SLO Downtown Association. Join us at the beautiful Mission Plaza for dancing, music and the after-work wind down with family and friends anytime during the 14-week season. It’s the best free party in town.
(First Friday every month, except December)
Celebrate art at more than 20 downtown galleries and art venues as San Luis Obispo spotlights the best of its emerging and established local artists. Nationally and internationally recognized artists are also seen in SLO on occasion. And you’re sure to enjoy the artsy local restaurants, boutiques and salons while strolling the area. These nights will stimulate the creative in you as you seek and critique with the best of them.
- First Fridays along the Creston Wine Trail (every month)
- Art in the Park @ Dinosaur Caves (first Sunday from June to September)
- Village Concert Series at Rotary Bandstand in Heritage Square Park (select dates from June to September)
- Santa’s House in Mission Plaza (November to December)
- Classic Carousel in Mission Plaza (November to December)
- Avila Beach Concerts at the Cove (various dates)
- Fresh Picked Concert Series (select dates from April to September)